Whenever we make Thai Milk Tea samples in the markets or any tradeshows in Vancouver, BC, people always ask how to make this creamy, refreshing milk tea!
Here you are! >> Thai Roots' recipes to make refreshing original Thai milk tea at home to serve a party of six or only for yourself! This recipe is also suitable for our Thai Jasmine Green Tea and our premium tea, Premium Extra Gold.
The Original Thai Milk Tea / Thai Jasmine Green Milk Tea in a Grande Cup (I'm using Thai Milk Tea in a tin can, individually wrapped tea)
1) Take Thai Tea 2 sachets (I like it strong) + 3/4 cup of Hot Water. Steep with hot boiling water for strong tea for 5 mins.
2) Add Condensed Milk 2-3 tablespoons + Sugar 1 teaspoon, then stir...The colour will start to change from red to creamy orange.
3) Finish off by adding evaporated milk 2 tablespoons (or pour directly on top of the ice)
Then pour over your glass filled with small ice cubes.
The Original Thai Milk Tea / Thai Jasmine Green Milk Tea (I'm using 400g. loose leaves bag of number 1 Thai Milk Tea)
1) Prepare 1 litre of Hot Boiling Water on a stove. Turn off the heat
2) Take 2 cups of loose leaves tea (I like it strong) putting into a filter tea bag
3) Steep into hot water for 5 mins. Take out the filter tea bag
4) Pour the strongly brewed tea into a container.
5) Add Condensed Milk 2/3 cup + Sugar 1/3 cup, then stir...The colour will start to change from red to creamy orange.
6) Finish off by adding evaporated milk 1 cup (or pour directly on top of the ice)
7) Pour over your glass filled with small ice cubes.
Party Serving Idea:
1) Showcase your strong brewed Thai tea in a big jar
2) In a separate container, mix the sweeteners (Condensed milk + Sugar + Evaporated milk).
3) A bucket of ice
Instruction: Have your guests individually create their own cups of Thai iced tea
Substitute with your favourite almond/soy milk/drinking coconut milk
Substitute condensed milk and evaporated milk with half and half milk
These recipes are fully customizable and up to your taste! HAVE FUN!
Many people come up with recipes that taste better to them! So this is the fun part!
Don't forget to second brew your tea, and make some icy lemonade afterwards.
(Same tea bag + Lemon + Honey = refreeeeshing time!!)
Let me know how you like it!!